Wednesday, May 12, 2010

71 down, 9 to go. Plus, deadlinneeee!! Oh boy.

Chapters of my novel, that is. Just nine more chapters to go until I finish my big disorganized heffa of a book. ;)

I skipped a chapter and a half to write a really entertaining one called "Hurricane Bertha" (72). G's in for a surprise concerning the girl he's developed a bit of a crush on, but for the time being the chapter's atmosphere is really quite pleasant, which let me tell you is a rare occurrence in a book about mental illness. G and his fellow BPs in the guys' ward at good old Perry Springs (= the most epic psychiatric hospital ever, kthx) were watching the news in the day room the other day when they discovered there was a pretty big storm on its way! To make their lives more interesting, they decided to pretend it was a full-out hurricane, which G named Bertha after his deceased schizophrenic great-aunt.

There was also an interesting, pretty much unrelated two-page scene in which G went through three moods. This was surprisingly easy to pull off, though I did have to make sure I just cruised through it in one shot. It was unrelated to the hurricane stuff, but still necessary because at the end of it, G got a call to inform him that his baby sister was born! Yay! :) He's been waiting for that for months.

Unfortunately, the paranoid personalities in Hall B got wind of the "Hurricane Bertha" fabrication, and as a result, they are all royally freaking out and watching the news like their life depended on it. That means there's no room on the couch anymore for the BPs, but then again they kind of asked for it, didn't they? :P

In other news, I own the Facebook page for Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Month, which you definitely want to check out if you have Facebook. Randi Kreger, the author of two of my FAVORITE BPD research books, recently asked me to write an article on BPDA Month for her blog on Psychology Today's website (yes, the magazine). Of course I couldn't pass up this amazing opportunity, so I took a bit of time away from writing G's life story to compose that. The title of this post links to it, so feel free to check that out too.

May 31st, 2010 is the deadline I'd set for myself to have the first draft of "Life in Black and White" completed - I'm going to get to work now, because that date is fast approaching and I hope I can make it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yay! I am so happy for you! I am definitely checking out your post on BDP Awareness Month. Good luck with getting the first draft finished. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete