Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pre-NaNoWriMo

I'm taking a break from my intense philosophy studying (and surprisingly, that's not even sarcastic. Philosophy is freaking DEMONIC.) to explain my plan for how in the world I am going to get to the end of Chapter 60 for November 1st.

Yes, I do have a plan!

Why do I need to get to Chapter 61 for November 1st, you ask? Well, as all of you writers out there must know, National Novel Writing Month starts on November 1st. Currently, my NaNoWriMo profile's Novel Info states that I will be undertaking "Life in Black and White, Part III" as this year's project. And Part III of Life in Black and White starts at Chapter 61.

Where am I now, you ask? Since I had to do an entire revamp of Chapter 42, I am currently working on Chapter 45.

I swear to God, I have a plan!

And I know my plans haven't exactly always worked wonders in the past, but I will get to Chapter 61 on time if it's the last thing I do. All writers need to learn to work with deadlines at some point, right? This'll be good experience.

Also, since I have my NaNo Travel Mug, I'm all set. Bring it on!

So however am I going to pull this off?

Well, this Friday is my last day of school before I'm off for an entire week. And since NaNoWriMo starts that Sunday, the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

So here's my plan. It was devised with the assumption that I won't get any writing done this coming weekend, which I doubt will be true. I have to give myself some room to move around, though, in case something unexpected happens!

So... here goes:


Monday, October 26th: Chapters 45, 46 and 47.

Tuesday, October 27th:
Chapters 48, 49 and 50.

Wednesday, October 28th:
Chapters 51, (beginning of chapter arc (my chapter arc is already about halfway written) ->) 52 and 53

Thursday, October 29th:
Chapters 54, 55 and 56 (<- end of chapter arc)

Friday, October 30th:
Chapters 57 and 58

Saturday, October 31st: Chapter 60, preliminary Part III planning.


Before you ask, yes, I am going to be holed up in my living room all week like a recluse. When you're a novelist on a mission, there are certain sacrifices you sometimes have to make!

Wish me luck! :)

2 comments: